Thursday, December 13, 2012

RIP Lucy

Sadly Lucy (the old girl chook) passed away this week. I knew she was on her last legs but she's been looking so strong lately and I think her sight actually came back. Nevertheless she must have died in her sleep cause her eyes were closed and I found her on the floor of the chook house. She's hopefully in a happy place!!! we'll miss you Lucy Loo.

Lambs growing at a huge rate and getting naughty - managing to jump through the fence - they just want to be with us - in the house if they were allowed - and actually jumped into neighbours raised veggie beds to eat her produce. Shit I felt awful. so they are no longer allowed out unless we are all outside and can keep an eye on them. Down to 2 feeds a day and i think they are ready to join the flock. however they still need their feeds so hope they are ready to leave when we go north in January for our beach holiday.

silly season has hit us hard and life is full on this side - in fact won't write much more as so much to do. Also have to sew Miss Stella's Angel wings for her Christmas pageant before tomorrow so just thought I'd touch base and wanted to post some pics of Troy's Xmas pageant this week. Bless them they were all so cute, great modern funky carols - all new to me. Troy was a king. have tried to post the video I took but giving me errors. may be too big. what a pity - was so funny to watch him lose his cape in the middle of it. Crack up.
some pics instead...



some of the angels...




No comments:

Post a Comment